Wednesday, August 29, 2012

From Yasmine

This next piece was submitted by Yasmine, an artist who's other works can be seen HERE. When she suggested the following work, I couldn't help but think back to a poem I had written years ago. I think they work well together.

~ The Clouded Life ~

The way of clouds is come and go
and life is much the same.
The wind will never cease to flow
and gently blow
or harshly throw
that blanket bearing rain or snow
across old Sol’s bright flame.

It’s funny, I would have you know -
for life’s a tragic game,
my love for Sol was ever low
for to and fro
his burning glow
would daily smite me here below
from his unclouded frame.

But now I miss his cheery eye
although it burning be.
For life without the sun will die
and tears won’t dry
when poets cry
and dripping on the page will lie
for you who read to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment