Tuesday, August 28, 2012

From an Artist

Here you will be able to see a poetical response to other forms of art. For the sake of privacy, in some cases, we will not be giving out the name of the artist and will simply refer to them as "The Artist" or "an Artist."


These two sketches and one water-color were made an Artist who I met in an online chat room. He graciously allowed me to view his work and then publish our combined work here.




~The Skull and Bench~


Abandoned finery is scattered all
around the mansion. Dust had gathered on
the cloths spread over everything, short, tall,
and wide. I walk as if my feet are drawn
to that misshapen lump. I tear aside
the sheet and see the skull of some wild beast
(I wonder how the mighty beast had died)
it sat beside a rough-hewn bench. Increased, by leaps and bounds, my curiosity

began to work imagination’s cogs.

What was the story of the the father tree
and living beast that now are skull and logs?
But with I sigh, I hear my shouted name
and mental fingers snuff my curious fla
me.





~ New Made Man ~
The first time that the maker breathed,
he breathed and out came life from dust
We are that dust
but when the maker breathes
his spirit comes out from himself
and into us.
The dust is form and physical
the spirit is the inner-core
and man was formed
with both.
So build your dust as best you can
and more so, build your spirit, man.











- Green Waves -

Rolling, capping, crashing
green waves roaring on an outbound tide.

The tide is full and here I calmly stand
with both feet buried in the sodden sand
while seaweed catches on my ankles and
I watch the sea make war against the land.

Rolling, capping, crashing
green waves roaring on an outbound tide.


The land no longer holds my sympathy.
So now, amid this sweet cacophony
of rough and raging water, I can see
a peaceful end beneath it all for me.

Rolling, capping, crashing
green waves roaring on an outbound tide.






No comments:

Post a Comment