Wednesday, August 29, 2012

From an Artist

This post comes from an Artist I have done some other collaborations with. They are quite talented. I present you to to works and two poems of vastly differing themes and tones. Enjoy!



~ Fighting Again ~

My mommy and my dad are fighting again
I think it's my fault that they’re fighting again
I want to run away from everything.
It’s more than I can bear -  fighting again
and again against the words that they say
to me - I’m stuck in their fighting again.
I hide outside the door - the apartment
walls keep noise from the stair. Fighting again
when will they stop? Why can’t we be quiet?
But no, their tempers flair - fighting again.
Here on these steps, my head bent on my knees
I sit and hear them swear, fighting again.




~ Morning Imagined ~

The morning rays come seeping through
the window’s paneled glass.
And here I sit (I often do)
to see the new
and gentle hue
of pastel-painted morning blue
and dew upon the grass.

I close my eyes - but I still see
imagination’s lands.
And then, so very suddenly
I am a tree
or bumble bee
or flitting, flying chickadee
with wings instead of hands.

My favorite fancied, rising thought?
I’m in a snug cocoon.
My bedclothes have me tightly caught
but out I faught.
And out I’ve brought
the nightgown wings that magic wrought
beneath the nighttime moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment